Thursday, March 4, 2010

We are coming down to the wire! In 2 weeks we will be leaving for our second aid expedition! We are excited and looking forward to our adventure. However, I have done very little to prepare! Last time I felt like we prepared for months, this time it's this thought that keeps popping up, but no action! We have collected a ton of stuff to bring; stickers, crayons, markers, tooth brushes/paste, clothing, but I feel like we don't have enough! I don't know if there is ever enough!
We have so much, and yet the families we work with have nothing. I feel that we arrive, work and leave and the families are a bit better off, but in the big picture have we made that much of a difference? I try and remember a saying that I believe Caroline Tico-Parker (founder of Catalyst) once said, "One person can't change the world, but you can change the world for one person." If our trip changes the world for one person, it's so worth everything! The big picture is over whelming. So many people in our world need so much, not just the people of Vietnam. I can't help to think if each one of us makes a point to have a positive impact on one person in this world, what an amazing world this would be!
So, those are my thoughts today! I try and focus on what I can do, and not what I can't. We will make a difference in some one's life and the greatest gift of all? They will make a huge difference in ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment