Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gekos in my underwear!

Okay, so today was crazy!  We had to set up "camp" for 300 kiddos, get a "market ready for the community and , and get rice ready for distribution tomorrow!  This is ALL done by 29 children and 4 adults.  We also have a lot of community children who like to help.  We got it all done and everyone had a great time.  All of the stickers are covering many children in the dump tonight!  They LOVED the stickers!  They plastered themselves with stickers.  None of the children knew how to use a crayon on paper.  Once the children showed them they were off and running!  Donated toys and Beanie babie, (thank you Ashley) FLEW off the tables!  The children raced to the market ahead of their parents so they could go to the toy table.  They knew once the parents arrived they would be forced to use their "money" for clothing or worse yet, kitchen items such as pots and baskets.  Just goes to show, children are the same all ober the world!
After this crazy day we decided to take the children and ourseleves to a roof top bar/restaurant to enjoy ice cream and cocktails, yummy!!!!!  The place is actually called Yumi:)
I will have more time to write more abou the garbage dump and post more photos.  Sorry about the way the writing and photos matched up, or better yet didn't match up!  Nothing works as it should here!!
Oh, I need to explain the title of the post!  We got our laundry back this afternoon and it was still wet.  I draped everything everywhere and left for the afternoon.  When we returned I checked the clothes and they were mostly dry; the a/c is running like crazy!  Anyway, as I picked up a pair of underwear a geko scooted across my bed!  I couldn't scream because I didn't want Maya to see it.  I thought she'd walk to the airport and book the first plane home!  So I quietlty grabbed a tissue and as I was about to grab the geko, Maya rounds the corner and simply states, "careful not to get the tail, it'll fall off and when it falls off it still wiggles.  Can I go downsatirs with the other kids?"  !!!!!  I was stunned! She was cool as a cucumber! I'm still a tad grossed out tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment