Friday, March 26, 2010

Phu Quoc

We arrived in Phu Quoc yesterday.  The island is amazing.  rain forest to the north and amazing beaches to the south.  the flight from Saigon was 45 min.  We will atke a ferry back to Kien Giang on Sunday.  It is here that we will meet up with the expedition.
Today we took a tour of the island with a tour guide.  We went to local makets to buy our food for luch; elephant fish and squid.  We then headed to what was voted the most beautiful beach in the world by ABC News.  How they became the experts on beaches, I'm not sure, but they were right!  Sao beach is amazing.  White sand, blue water, just like the Caribbean!  We all had a blast swimming and eating our freshly purchased seafood!
we then went to a pearl farm.  These pearls are amazing!  The prices are equally amazing.  Maya scored a pearl necklace which will be her high school graduation gift, something I could never swing in the states!  Then we headed back to our resort.
The Sea Star resort is great.  We have individual bungalows steps from a beautiful beach.  Coconut and almond palms are every where.  The beach has resorts and restaurants all up and down.  When we want to eat we just walk the bach and find a good place, very fun!
louise, if you are reading this, my hair is up every day!!!!!!!!!!  It is so humid that MY hair actaully gets frizzy!!!  I have NEVER had frizzzy hair in my life! HAHA!!!!
So, all is well!  We are so excited to be experiencing things that I never that we would.  We are so fortunate!
Miss you all!  I'll try and send a little warth and sunshine your way!

2 comments:

  1. Martha - thanks for this wonderful post! (for some reason I have not been able to post on Sandy's blog). I was curious when you guys were meeting up for the expedition! It is hard for me to even visualize blue water and white sand in VN!?! I figured we had already found all the pearls in VN (Noah, Jesse, Maya, and all the other kids!) Be Safe - Patty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys rock. And i think it was a bottle of wine i wanted, i cant remember!! LOL dont worry about it!

    ReplyDelete