Sunday, March 23, 2008

We are here, we are here, we are HERE!!!!!!






It is know Sunday night about 9:30, i think! I have not gotten the time thing down yet! the trip here was long but fine. Maya was a trooper for the 30 hours we spent traveling. In singapore we discovered the "transit Showers"!!!! We all ran in and took a quick shower before we boarded our last flight to HCMC, Vietnam. I can say that a shower never felt so good!!!!!!!!


We arrived in HCMC at 11 am Saturday. They have built a new airport, just opened 7 months ago. It is beautiful!!! Customs and immagration were a breeze! The immagration officers were so nice and helpful. A FAR cry from 1999!!!!!!


Once we got to our hotel we called Ahn Tuyet, our translator from Maya's adoption. We then went off to the Bihn Thi Market. Just as amazing as I remember! Maya was in her glory!! We then went back to the hotel for a quick swim and dinner with Ahn Tuyet. Sadly Maya did not make dinner. We sat at our table and Maya fell instantly asleep, as did Jesse and Noah. We will meet up with Ahn Tuyet again on the 1st!!!! Mayabe Maya will be able to stay awake!


To all of my friends in Mrs. Smo's class: I can't wait to tell you about the market. I bought each of you a small gift. but, it's a surprise!!!


Today, Sunday we flew to Kien Gang Province. We are in Rach Gia. this is where Catalyst has their school. Today we sorted and added to over 700 "fun bags". We also scooped and weighted 85 bags of rice. The kids were AMAZING. It is beyond hot here and when I say hot I mean HOT!!!!! All who know me know just how much I love the heat! But I remain cheerful and happy, after all it's just a state of mind! I am posting pictures that will say more than I ever can!


We al so want to send out a really big HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO SHEALYN!!!!!!!!! We love you tons!!!!!


Martha and Maya

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maya and Ms. Wylie,
    We were so happy to see your note to us on the blog. We enjoyed reading about your travels and experiences this morning. The kids had some questions for you. If you have a chance to answer, they'd love to hear from you.
    1. Do you understand any of the Vietnamese language you are hearing or reading on signs?
    2. Are you enjoying the food?
    3. Are there any American restaurants there?
    4. Is the hotel similar to those in the U.S.?
    5. What is the actual temperature?
    6. Are the tv shows in English or Vietnamese?
    Thanks again for keeping us informed. We can't wait to read again! Mrs. Smo's class

    ReplyDelete